Garden project update
The area was completely unusable as it was overgrown and unsafe. To clear the area has been a huge task, perhaps bigger than we originally thought, and we now have quite ambitious plans for the area. Raff and his team at Bury Rangers have been brilliant and have been working incredibly hard to clear the area. There is still a lot more to do, but it is starting to take shape. It was also lovely to see our reception class out in the area this week bug hunting!
We had a fantastic response from the children to the sensory garden design competition. After reviewing all these we have been able to come up with a fabulous overall design which combines so many wonderful ideas. It was an incredibly difficult job to choose just one winner so we picked 5!
The sensory area and garden will include:
· A spiral path / barefoot trail made up of different textures such as bricks, wood, stones, bark.
· A wall of colourful welly planters
· 5 sensory beds. 1 for each of the senses. Different textures, scents and colours in each one. Music instruments and wind chimes for sound.
· A small play area with toadstool seating, hopscotch.
· A quiet area with a special bench, pretty plants and bushes
· An area in the middle with picnic benches and covered with a large canopy providing shelter.
· Tyre planters in bright colours
· A bug hotel, bird houses and bird feeders, wildflower beds to attract bees and a small boggy pond to attract frogs.
Forest School area – the benched seating has already been built so we are almost ready to begin using this area.
Vegetable garden – new raised beds have been built behind the school outside Year 5’s classroom and will be ready to use them soon
Sensory area and the rest of the garden – This still requires a lot more work but we hope this area will be fully in use by early 2020.
Well done to the victorious Tag Rugby team!
Year 5's amazing trip!
Great weather and activities!!
Many thanks again to all our sponsors and supporters. The fair was a great success and raised nearly £4000!
Click for video
Questions and answers from last week's presentations will be added soon.
If you have any further questions, please contact school.
We are featured in Manchester Children's Hospital's Thank You magazine for our fundraising!
Find us on page 6
Come up with brilliant ideas and draw them on your entry form!
Additional forms and info available here...
Massive thanks to all who helped on Saturday!
The Outdoor Area is now ready for the next stage of development...
If you couldn't help this time, there will be chances in the future!
Well done girls!! 13-0!!!
The rampage continues...